Senior Maintenance Assistant
East Park is… Recruiting
East Park, a Grant Aided Special School in Glasgow, is a leading provider of specialist day and residential education services for children with complex needs, including Autism.
We provide education throughout the primary, secondary and senior phases of school education; and in additional support the further education of young adults, aged 17 – 25, via our Workmates service.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Joiner/Multi Trades person who wishes to develop further within an organisation which truly puts their people at the forefront. No one day is ever the same and you will be undertaking exciting projects alongside continual improvement works.
Benefits of joining East Park:
- Hours are from 8.00am-4.30pm, Monday to Friday
- Competitive salary – £13.37 per hour, dependent on qualifications and experience
- Generous annual leave entitlement and TOIL procedure
- Career progression
Applicants must be time served and hold a relevant trade qualification (NVQ level 3/apprenticeship or equivalent) in an applicable building maintenance discipline. Applicants must have at least 3 years previous work experience in a building and estates reactive maintenance role or within joinery/multi trades.
Key responsibilities include:
- Reactive Maintenance and Repair: To repair and maintain failing assets/equipment and to update systems to ensure efficiency.
- Inspection: The estate and facility infrastructure requires continual upkeep, the inspection of works required and suitable solutions, inspection of works carried out by external contractors and effective reporting to the Assets and Facilities Manager.
- Identifying Issues: To use problem-solving skills to identify maintenance issues and demonstrate knowledge with possible solutions.
- Time Management: To complete daily assignments, prioritise tasks and to delegate tasks to maintenance team assistants.
- On Call Rota: To be part of an on call rota to support maintenance requirements out of hours.
- Health and Safety Regulations: To promote and proactively encourage Health and Safety standards at all times.
- Communication and Teamwork: To effectively communicate with team members and management in a positive manner providing a high standard of service and support to the functionality of East Park.
To download a Job Description or apply, click the links below.
The Small Print
Please note CVs will not be accepted as part of your application.
East Park is an Equal Opportunities Employer. A Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Enhanced Disclosure is required for all East Park posts.
If you have an additional communication support need and would like to request an application form, job description or any other information in audio format, large print or with easy read formatting tailored to your needs please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to help.
You can download a copy of the Job Description
ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
If you are working on a mobile device or tablet, please click here for our online application form.
Please note that you cannot save the online version of the application form and return to finish it later.
Friday 25th September 2020 at 12noon
Business and IT Support Assistant
Tel: 0141 946 2050